Monday, October 03, 2016

In Her Memory ...



Oct. 2016  ~ writing this with a heavy heart. Just came back from my trip to the Philippi es. I was tired... stressed to the max with not much sleep after days of mourning and organizing my dear mom's funeral. She had unfortunately died quietly in her sleep under the care of my sister in law. It was a sad , very sad day for me while I was on the other hand on my last day of holidays in Sepang Malaysia.

I needed to hurriedly come home to Singapore and  immediately tried to fly to Philippines for her funeral. Lucky with the help of husband, everything got arranged fast.



My mom died on the 24th of Sept.,  at age 72. She just had her birthday last July 1, 2016 and I was able to see her a month after ...last Aug when I came home for a brief holiday. I just regretted I left her without saying goodbye at that time coz my travel to Manila was at 3:00 am and I didnt want to disturb her in her sleep so early in the morning. I felt so bad not being able to say goodbye ... Sorry mom, if only I had known I won't be seeing you alive when I get back I could have had kissed you goodbye . I didn't know , no one knows you are about to leave us so soon.



My dear mom is a lovely kind lady. She loved us dearly and she even took care of my 2 older kids who literally grew up with her while I was all the time living overseas. She managed my home and my kids for so many years. I owed her a lot and I had tried to support her by giving her the best I could offer her. Although I am sure I wasn't able to give her enough  still ...  

I didnt forget to give her as a token of my appreciation her most favorite ... an orchid!


  How she loves orchids and how she smiles and be proud when they bloom in our garden. She would even scold her grandson if they fool around with the flowers or stems. 


Something she had missed watering after she got paralyzed years ago and became bedridden. 


I made sure there's an orchid that would go with her on her last day carried by one of her grandsons.




We had a lot of relatives and friends who came and offered some prayers and paid tribute. 



Offered their condolences and helped us during the wake.



Thanks to all of you for sharing your time to grieve with us and extend your moral support. I really did appreciate your kindness. 

For sure, my mom is at peace and happy wherever she is now ...







0 comments:

 
,