Sunday, September 20, 2009

Clouds & Darkness , What is there to see ?



A cloud is a visible mass of droplets or frozen crystals suspended in the atmosphere above the surface of the Earth or another planetary body. Funny but true that I'd been watching & spotting some unique clouds lately and it's really fascinating to see some nice shapes out of it ... oh well I'm feeling like a kid sometimes ..LOL !

Here are some unique ones I'd spotted :


By the kitchen terrace one afternoon, I spotted the " MOUSE" Cloud ! What a cloud ...



This one I saw while waiting  for my son in a football field in Turf City, Singapore. I named it " SNOOPY" Cloud due to the resemblance of its shape to the cartoon character. It really looks like a dog ready to catch a ball ! The image was gone immediately after 1 minute ! Lucky I was fast to take a snap of it !


Can you spot the "Crocodile Dundee" here ? The colors were really bold and beautiful one late afternoon by the beach of Phuket , Thailand !



Amazing "Cotton Balls" Clouds I saw when I was opening the door of our terrace one very early morning while the morning sun is starting to rise. Normally it's clear blue sky but that morning, it was a very weird cloudy sky but with lots of sunshine .

"Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything."  ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

I was not only amazed by the clouds but also by the darkness around me . Truthfully, I'm not the chicken hearted person you'll find on the face of the earth. I'm always alert and you can bet that I watch my sides on a 360 degrees turn specially at night either when I'm alone or with a bunch of friends ( who are mostly drunk all the time ha-ha ! ). Eventhough Singapore is one of the safest country here on earth that I know where women and children can walk around without any worries during the night , still, caution has to be considered and not to be taken for granted . Sometimes you'll never know what the future holds so better be safe than never !
Criminality is not a big thing in this hi-tech society of Singapore as compared to European and  American cities as well as all other surrounding Asian countries . Still it's not a guarantee so we all should always watch ourselves wherever we go. Nevertheless, I'm thankful that I'm living here with my family . We feel safe and secure where we are now by 100% unless badluck or destiny come our way ... knock on wood that nothing wrong comes along at all !

But anyway, Here are some photos of scenes I had set my eyes on while roaming randomly during the night in our neighborhood :


This Tree was huge just like most of the trees you'll notice growing in Singapore. It surely looks very creepy at night if you're walking underneath it . But luckily, we were walking on an overpass just right beside it and there were lights all over the place. Kids were a bit scared despite of the lights surrounding the area ... like as usual when they walk near bushes and trees at night what else is to be expected with them ?





The Lamp post guiding the people walking up or down the steps of an overpass along Bukit Timah road. I like the colors blending in this photograph .



Ceiling light doesn't get noticed in a toilet room unless it's really dark in there ... but this one really caught my attention . Not because its not so bright but due to the way it looks . There's something about it that makes me feel different that moment I was in there looking at it ... I still wonder what it was ...



And last but not the least is the facade with the grand stair case leading to the condominium's  pool infront of us . I took the photo while sitting by our living room terrace overlooking the facade. The pool area actually was the same level as our terrace. The facade looks great and even more grand at night rather than during the daytime .


" I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. "~ Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

0 comments:

 
,